Scope and Main Purpose of the Job
• Ensure proper care, Store & Control of F&B operating equipment stocks (crockery, cutlery, cookware) and other kitchen operating equipments.
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness of crockery cutlery, floors, drainages, and the entire kitchen.
• Oversee the activities of the Pantry, Kitchen store rooms, and stewarding personnel
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with Health & Safety, hygiene & Sanitation and related work instructions.
• Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Pantry, Kitchen store rooms, and stewarding personnel.
• Inspects kitchens, work rooms, surfaces, equipment, and store rooms for cleanliness and order.
• In liaison with the chef in charge & procurement Department, orders supplies for stewarding department, checks and verifies deliveries as they come in.
• Manage production records as per the set operations procedures
• Establish controls designed to guard against pilferage and wastage.
• Responsible for planning kitchen equipment for both internal and outside catering. In liaison with the Chef in charge and Food and Beverage Manager, plans as per the selected menu and facilities/ equipment for the function/banquet .
• KCSE D+ and above.
• Certificate in Hygiene & sanitation or related field
• Evidence of previous hotel related experience of at least three year in Hotel Industry.
• Should be highly organized and have thorough knowledge in the hotel’s Food Service operations.
• Good accounting and inventory control skills are critical
• Should have ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
• Should be able to plan effectively and be able to deal with unforeseen situations and emergencies in a calm and helpful manner.
• Good interpersonal skills and be willing to go an extra mile to satisfy the needs of both internal & external guest.