JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR FILLING VACANCIES IN SIAYA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the positions shown below;
1. REF: SCPSB/01/10/2020 CHIEF OFFICER J.G ‘S’
i) CHIEF OFFICER FOR GOVERNANCE AND ADMINISTRATION (1 POST)
Terms of Service: - 5 Year contract
The Chief Officer shall be the Accounting and Authorized Officer for the department or division for which they are in-charge in accordance with Section 45 of the Count (' Government Act, 2012. The Chief Officer will be responsible to the County Executive Committee Member under which the department falls.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administration of a County Department;
2. Formulation and implementation of programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals;
3. Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans;
4. Implementation of policies and regulations;
5. Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery;
6. Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya; and
7. Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
1. Be a Kenyan Citizen
2. Be a holder of at least a first Degree in related discipline from a recognized institution
3. Masters' Degree in a relevant field from an institution recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
4. Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
5. Possess an understanding and exhibit commitment to National Values and Principles of Governance and Public Service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 respectively.
6. Have good communication, presentation, research and analytical skills
7. Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than ten (10) years in the related field, five (5) of which should have been at a senior/managerial level
8. Understand the diversity, challenges and opportunities within the County;
9. Must be computer literate
10. 10. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
11. Must be a visionary and strategic thinker;
12. Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
1. Tax compliance certificates
2. Clearance from HELB where necessary
3. Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
4. Clearance from the CRB.
5. Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on email@example.com so as to reach the Board on or before Wednesday, 21st October 2020 at 4:00pm
1. Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer
2. Qualified persons from other ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
3. Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: Candidates not able to complete processing the clearance documents on time can present the documents during interviews.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED