Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF SPORTS, CULTURE, GENDER & YOUTH AFFAIRS.
1. Chief Officer- Sports, Culture, Gender and Youth Affairs - KSM/CPSB/11/11/2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Chief Officer shall be the Accounting and Authorized Officer in respect of exercise of delegated power and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive
• Committee Member
• Formulation and implementation of policies and plans
• Development and implementation of strategic sector development plans, performance contracting and appraisal.
• Formulation and Implementation of County programs to conform to Vision 2030 goals.
• The administration of a county department as provided under section 45 of the County Government Act
• Oversee management of Finances, Preparation and submission of the Budget estimates, Annual plans and Programs;
• Perform other duties that may be assigned by the respective CECM.
Requirement for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• Hold at least a relevant first degree from a recognized University in Kenya, Master’s degree will be an added advantage
• Having gone through a Senior Management Course from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
• Be conversant with the constitution of Kenya and Devolution related legislation.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of the County Government plans.
• Possession of a relevant professional qualification and Membership with a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
• Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than 10 years, five (5) of which in a management position.
• Proven ability in leadership and Management.
• Capable of working under pressure to meet strict deadlines to enable the County Government achieve her Vision.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured