REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF BOMET
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCIES
A. The Office of The Governor through the County Public Service Board wishes to fill the vacancy of the County Attorney.
B. The County Government of Bomet through the Public Service Board wishes to fill the positions of Chief Officer – Youth and Sports and Municipal Manager, Director Revenue, Principal Valuer and Senior Support Staff.
2. Chief Officer Youth and Sports – ONE (1) POST – CPSB 02
Terms of Service: Contract (Fix term contract)
The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in the department and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The administration of a County Department
• Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals
• Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans
• Implementation of policies and regulations
• Providing Strategic Policy direction for effective service delivery
• Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance and Principles and values of Public Service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya respectively
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, the person should:
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• Have a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
• Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
• Must be a member of a professional body relevant to the position applied for and in good standing.
• Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than Ten (10) years in the relevant field, Five (5) of which must have been at a managerial position.
• Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of county development objectives and vision 2030.
• Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
• Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Have capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
• Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
• Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
• Be computer literate
Salary: As prescribed by Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
1. Job descriptions and specifications can be found on the County Government website www.bomet.go.ke or Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net
2. Applications can only be submitted online on or before 23rd April, 2021 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net Or from a link in Bomet County website, www.bomet.go.ke Manual applications will not be accepted.
3. Documents for purposes of complying with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, will be required from those who will be shortlisted.
4. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
• Salary and benefits: As per the guidelines provided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
‘The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply’.
Public Service Board
P.O. Box 605-20400