Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Level of Education
Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
• Project Management
NexGen is a fast-growing technical solutions and services provider for energy distribution networks in East Africa and is seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee and optimize our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people & project management skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
• Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
• Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
• Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of HOD’s (IT, Civil, Mechanical, Automation, Sales, Finance etc.)
• Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
• Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
• Ensure all projects are delivered on promise and within budget
• Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
• Participate in business development activities (identifying new business segments, customers, etc.)
• Manage relationships with partners/vendors and other key stakeholders
• Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
• Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
• Proven experience in successfully completing complicated projects
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
• Strong analytical skills with data informed mind set
• Self-aware with strong desire to learn and continuously improve
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
NexGen is a privately owned service provider in offering complete petrol station forecourt solutions, servicing major oil companies in East Africa. NEXGEN offers the complete solution for design, installation and maintenance of retail and commercial petroleum storage and dispensing systems as well as C-stores, Car wash and QSR offerings. NEXGEN is also a licensed distributor for Wayne (Dover Fueling Solutions), a global fuel dispenser manufacturer for petrol stations and fleet applications, covering Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. NEXGEN takes pride in being a trusted service provider and making sure the newest and most fit for purposes technological solutions are available to the customer.