Industry: Financial Services
Roles and Responsibilities for the Chief Operations Officer Job
- Overall responsibility of most of company’s support services functions with a view to developing them into proactive, flexible and responsive support functions focused on growing the business, meeting client needs, with a focus on the risk / return proposition in decision making;
- Forge working relationships with company executives and team leaders with a view to providing execution leadership that enhances our strategic position and value proposition in the market;
- Lead direction of company resources to the most productive uses by making strategic choices in terms of products, markets and strategies in order to create maximum value for the company’s stakeholders;
- Plan and direct initiatives, objectives and all aspects of company’s operational policies;
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and find ways to improve processes;
- Lead the development of strategic management initiatives, which include (i) expansion, (ii) acquisitions, (iii) staffing levels, (iv) cost-containment, and (v) consolidation of multiple locations, Special Purpose Vehicles and portfolio companies;
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers;
- Alongside the departmental heads, review department plans, goals and initiatives, budgets and structural setups of each department; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Chief Operations Officer Job
- Degree, with at least a 2nd Class Upper Division is preferred. Masters in administration/strategic management will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of overall professional experience.
- Understanding of all business functions, including investments, finance, operations, administration, human resources, marketing and brand.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Skills in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment.
- A track record in financial management. A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion with minimal directions.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with staff members, clients, administrators and custodians.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the subject (Chief Operations Officer – Fund Management) on or before Monday 09th November 2020.