Our client is a leading and fast-growing healthcare services and technology provider.
Chief People Officer
The Chief People Officer is responsible for the management of our client 100+ employees. The CPO develops, implements, and aligns HR programs with business objectives, serving as a strategic partner of the senior management team while supporting employees in their day-to-day HR needs.The CPO will be responsible in designing and finalizing the HR policies, contributing to business strategy, develop workforce plans and programs that align with the organization's overall strategic objectives, forecast talent needs and address the talent gaps, orchestrate learning skills and career development of the workforce, employee orientation, education, and training, management development, employee and labor relations, compliance, policies and procedures, workers compensation administration, wage and salary administration, benefits administration, organization development, and employee assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Partner with senior management to implement and support our client policies, practices and programs.
● Supervise the HR staff and lead the client HR team in creating an inviting and cohesive employee experience.
● Implement HR policies and programs including employee relations, recruiting and staffing, wage and salary administration, benefits, and management training.
● Partner with management to address day-to-day HR operational issues such as employee and labor relations, compensation reviews, escalated benefits issues, performance management and training.
● Provide objective and strategic input and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization including career development, and general management / employee relationship issues.
● Guide managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching with the ultimate goal of turning employee behavior around. Identify and implement training programs.
● Develop and implement effective hiring and employee retention programs.
● Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of the employees.
● Implement and manage compliance efforts with all the Labour laws and regulations that govern the private companies relating to all aspects of the employee life cycle.
● Investigate claims of misconduct and escalate to the legal and security team as required.
● Develop and manage annual budgets for the department and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
● Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure regulatory compliance. Identifies trends that could impact the organization objectives.
● Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology and culture.
● Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position
● Vigilance in scanning the external environment to anticipate business and talent threats and opportunities.
● Strategic thinking skills to work with the CEO and executive team to set direction.
● Cross-functional business understanding with a P&L orientation.
● The courage and decisiveness, to prioritize, to succeed – or to fail fast and move forward.
● The conceptual skills to shape the organization to meet tomorrow’s demographic challenges.
● Financial acumen to broadly balance resources and understand the financial implications and tradeoffs of investments in every aspect of the business, including talent.
● Technological savvy to drive efficiencies and to engage the workforce through innovations in technology solutions.
● A risk management perspective with regard to talent.
● The ability to convey the importance of talent at all levels as a fiduciary issue to the board and the leadership team.
● Legal literacy to help ensure a culture of compliance and integrity at every level of the organization and across borders.
● Operational ability to ensure that the transactional aspects of HR are well executed in a world of fast-moving and changing expectations of the employee population.
● Have excellent written and verbal communications skills