ROAM Jobs combines the largest Careers Marketplaces in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are united in the mission of transforming Africa’s labor markets. We do this by enabling employers to make better hiringdecisions, and uplift jobseekers with access to the best opportunities to their individual needs.
Your mission is to create the best products for our markets. You own the vision, strategy and execution for all product-related activities.
You base your market requirements through a deep understanding of our business and customers. You should have the strongest product knowledge, combined with deep user and market understanding to build the bridge between IT and business success. Always with a cross-functional view, you oversee the Product teams and projects across ROAM, with active involvement in product creation, innovation andexecution.
Reporting into Managing Director, ROAM Jobs
Direct Reports Product Managers across ROAM, Product Development Teams, Product Designer
● Communicate the high-level market vision to development and implementation teams
● Ensure communication of product releases as well as lead the charge for their successful execution in the market .Manage and master an efficient and effective cooperation between business units
● Ensure communication of new product developments to key stakeholders
● Manage and master an efficient and effective cooperation between central tech, local development teams and the local CEOs
● Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, publications or networks, and carry this knowledge into the organisation
● Be the touch point of execution of any product/service partnership in markets.
● Work with coordinating departments to create and implement a decisive project plan and strategy from product development to launch.
● Perform various project management duties, including creating a budget and ensuring it is not exceeded, managing work plans and facilitating an efficient product development effort between individual co-workers and departments.
● Partner with the marketing, engineer and design teams to bring the product vision to life with prototypes and mocks.
● Equip the team with adequate knowledge of our tools and tech.
● Frequently report roadmap delivery to all relevant stakeholders
● Establish a product revenue forecast and in tandem with operations work to improve its accuracy
● Define and own the product strategy and roadmap; Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and specification documents
● Communicate your vision and strategy to stakeholders, and develop a strategic plan to execute
● Establish product success targets including ROI before implementation, and lead the delta analysis after go-live
● Closely liaise with markets, generate product development requirements, determine specifications to establish the best solutions
● Deliver Market Requirements Document (MRD) and Product Requirements Document (PRDs) with prioritized features and corresponding justification
● Perform regular user, market and competitive product research
● Ownership on the execution of projects in market, consult CEOs on local operational requirements for successful launch
● Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data, review costs, and anticipating order volume
● Lead, prioritize and work with central tech on the product development roadmap
● Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
● Research/talk to customers to know more about the market.
● Manage products throughout the Product Life Cycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products.
● Oversee and drive development of products and direct reports
● Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
● Work with MD to determine product pricing by utilizing market research data, review costs, and anticipating order volume
● Be an expert with respect to the competition
● Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
● Develop and own the budget for the product organization
● Creation/maintenance of current product training material and implementation of same with the on-going trainings to the team
● Group CEO and MD
● Operations Team
● Customer Experience & Accounts Team
● Technical Team
● Local and Central Tech Teams
● Business leads / brand CEOs
KPIs to measure success
● Revenue Growth in all platform based product m-o-m
● NPS growth q-o-q
● Successful market launch of products as planned to time (this does not include dev. time)
● Rating by MD for Jobs and key stakeholders on a m-o-m (Q: Has the CPO been helpful to growing/equipping your team and business)
Key Skills and Competences
● Product management requires analytical skills to assess the scope, the resources needed and the success of the product.
● Experience in USSD process and integration
● Ability to interpret data on the project. As well as the needs or views of the people being helped or donors solicited to support the project.
● Excellent public speaking and communication skills.
● Ability to answer questions or otherwise inform the public and others about the Product.
● Manage the business external projects product requirements
● Computer software application skills, in particular deep knowledge of PowerPoint, word processors, publishing software and other applications. To present plans, reasons for the product, and benefits.
● A Bachelor's Degree in the appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience and experience with NGOs is an added advantage.
● Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
● Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day.
● You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
● Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager
● Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
● Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
● Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
● Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
● Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
● Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
● Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
● Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
● Experience identifying various business problems or product flaws and coming up with creative solution
● Ensure that high standards of reliability, quality, usability and measurement are adhered to throughout each phase of product development.
Location of Work
● Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Uganda
● Due to the organizational weight, this role requires regional travel and physical presence in the office (min 60%)