As Head of Digital Product you will have a senior management role at PEV core to our growth and development; we are looking more for a partner than an employee. More specifically, you will oversee the lifecycle of all digital products at PEV.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:5 years
About Purple Elephant Ventures:
Purple Elephant Ventures (PEV) is a Nairobi-based venture studio. We build three or four start-ups from scratch per year, each of which helps to lead Africa’s tourism industry to a greener future. As a venture studio, we are continuously ideating, testing, and building ideas into startups.
At PEV, we believe that the only way to protect Africa’s biodiversity and natural capital is to make sure local communities and governments have financial incentives to protect it.
Tourism is the only industry with the incentive and the financial means to do this. PEV builds innovative and profitable start-ups to achieve this at scale.
- As Head of Digital Product, you will have a senior management role at PEV core to our growth and development; we are looking more for a partner than an employee.
- You will be deeply passionate about product development, start-ups, and the role that innovation can play in building Africa’s tourism ecosystem. More specifically, you will oversee the lifecycle of all digital products at PEV.
- Your primary responsibility will be to build and continuously evolve our digital products to ensure they meet customer demands.
- You will have a diverse set of skills, ranging from customer development, product architecture, basic coding, and UX development.
- You will have a deep understanding of data; analytics should inform every decision you make.
- You will have experience deploying a no-code approach to product development - we typically build products on top of third-party software to optimize for speed and flexibility.
- Lastly, you will have growth hacking experience and/or mentality - you thrive running fast-paced experiments across the entire customer journey.
- A leader who is smart enough to lead a start-up to success but humble enough to build a team around them that is smarter than they are
- A product manager who ensures that great technology is built
- Someone who will take the responsibility for planning and (re)defining our offerings
- A hustler who will work day and night and never give up until successful
- A keen understanding of customer needs - and how to integrate those needs into digital products.
- Understanding of basic coding (need to build yourself and/or manage developers)
- Affinity to the no-code school of product development
- Strong data/analytics bent
- Develop and maintain a Lean/Agile startup culture maturing with scale, and foster a high level of employee motivation, performance, and commitment
- Impeccable judgment and attention to detail
- A love for sustainable travel and tourism in Africa. Experience in the sector is a plus.
- A positive attitude and collaborative nature
- Endless energy and the ability to just get stuff done
Expected Start Date: ASAP.
Job Location: Flexible. Remote work is an option; PEV is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Expected Remuneration: As a partner, your initial compensation will be heavily weighted towards equity. As PEV grows and thrives, your salary will become commensurate with experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured