The main objective of this role is to ensure overall efficient security within the Club. This includes overseeing members security, staff and all club property, equipment and facilities.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 8 years
About the Club
Muthaiga Golf Club, proudly called the Home of Golf by its elite membership, is in many ways the ultimate embodiment of Kenya’s unique marriage of ancient golf tradition and a modern 18-Hole Championship Golf Course.
The Club has been renown as one of the most prestigious and challenging courses in the region. The force behind this renaissance is an extensive course reconstruction by the celebrated South African course designer Peter Matkovich, which in 2002 returned Muthaiga to its prominence as the finest course with the fastest greens in East Africa.
The Club acknowledges that to enhance the quality of services to its members, it must invest in its staff. We are proud to have a team of motivated work force committed to providing service excellence in the course of duty. Our Team goes an extra mile to ensure that both members and guests experience premier services.
The Club has sound employment policies that govern employees in their work environment, ensuring we remain competitive in the market. It is on this premise that the club seeks to fill the role of Chief Security Officer.
The successful candidate will provide leadership in all Security operations including management of outsourced security provider and on a need basis be the link in all security matters to all government security agencies.
Key Measures of
The performance of this role holder will be assessed on the basis of the achievements made on:
• Turnaround time of investigations and actions taken
• Response time in the event of incidences/accidents within the organisation
• First time-fix rate of all incidences
• Number of repeat incidences reported
Security and Safety Management
• Direct the administration and operation of the security unit in the protection of the establishment's property.
• Develop and review the operating procedures in the security unit in response to changing circumstances.
• Recommend changes in the Standard operating procedures to reflect better protective/secure or safe methods.
• Daily patrol of the establishment's environment.
• Report to relevant parties on security matters.
• Detect and prevent crime within the establishment.
• Ensure maintenance of safety standards.
• Maintain duty roaster for tracking and delegation purposes.
• Alert the Management on security alerts.
• Consult with the General Manager on all matters that may threaten the security of the establishment and safety of all stakeholders.
• Handle all cases concerning loss or damage of the organisation and other relevant stakeholders.
• Investigate cases and reports to the General Manager and when directed, reports to the police and any other law enforcement agents.
• Procure warrants against any employee or member defrauding the organisation or stealing from it.
• Represent the establishment in court procedures.
• Keep in close liaison with the local Police on matters of vice, theft and any special security requirements for unusual events and functions.
• Responsible for all safety and accident prevention programs. This includes recording and investigating of employee’s accidents and workmen compensation cases.
• Carry out periodical inspections on the establishment’s perimeter fence to ensure its intactness and sealing off any break- ins to deter intruders.
• Ensure safe passage of all stakeholders maintaining a comprehensive control system at entry and exit points.
• Maintain the necessary security records at all times.
• Pursue conclusively all compensation/ replacements either by the establishment's insurers or hired security firms.
Interaction with External Security Services
• Assist in the procurement of security service providers
• Manage the control of external security services
• Carry out training of security guards to ensure high level vigilance and customer service.
• Review daily reports from the outsourced security guards on duty and issues necessary orders to counteract any unsatisfactory or irregular conditions or situations.
• Ensure all security staff keep abreast with security news.
• Arrange duty rosters and the outsourced security details including deployment of guards as necessary.
• Supervision & Relationship management
• Assist to ensure that the security guards are competent and well-motivated.
• Advise the management of any unusual behavior in any employee, member or guests.
• Ensure staff are aware of organisation's policy, procedures and standards with regard to security.
• Assist in conducting regular training for the security guards.
• Develop procedures to ensure physical safety of all stakeholders.
• Assist in the vetting of all newly recruited staff, caddies and casuals when necessary.
• Continuous professional development to keep up with current industry trends.
• Prepare periodic reports from time to time as directed.
• Customer service oriented.
• Attention to detail.
• Effective communicator
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to make independent decisions
• Ability to stand for long periods of time sometimes in excess of eight hours
• Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions depending on the assignment
• Confidential and reliable
• Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
• Work in a team environment
Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Degree in Criminology/Security Management
• Diploma in Security Management or any related field
• Certificate in Microsoft Office
• 6 years’ cumulative experience with at least 3years as a Senior Security Officer in a high level security detail organisation preferably in the hospitality industry, or 4 years as a military police officer
• Must have experience in strategic security, forensics and people management
• Thorough knowledge in criminal and civil law and Kenyan Police procedures as they relate to security
• In depth knowledge of security systems, both electronic and physical
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send in their applications on or before Friday 4th November, 2023 at 5:00pm.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.