DEPARTMENT OF GENDER, CULTURE YOUTH AND SPORTS
6. Child Protection Officers Job Group F (10 Posts)
Duties and responsibilities
• Implementation of policy, guidelines and standards of children protection and care in the ward with the guidance of the sub-county children officer.
• Network with relevant Government Department at Ward level, Public and Private Agencies in the Ward through Ward area advisory councils.
• Provide data and information to the Sub-County Children Office.
• Guidance and Counseling of Children and Parents in the Ward.
• Carry out Social Inquiry as directed by the Sub-County Children Officer.
• Ensure the enforcement of the Children Act Education Act and other Act touching on Children Issues.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
• Diploma in relevant field or its equivalent from a recognised institution in Kenya. Those with a diploma in Social Work and Community Development will have an added advantage,
• Good Communication skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Understanding of the Children’s Act and Policy guidelines related to Children Protection.
• At least one (3) years working experience with the community.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300