- Holder of a BSc. Civil Engineering degree from a recognized university.
- Be registered with Engineers’ Board of Kenya as a graduate engineer.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in the construction industry.
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented and ability to deliver under pressure.
- Have a thorough technical understanding of building and construction management.
- Have experience in management of construction projects.
Reporting to the company’s technical director, the candidate’s responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supervision of the company’s construction projects.
- Taking part in tender preparations.
- Ensuring construction works meet agreed specifications, budgets and/or timescales.
- Ensuring that all materials used are in accordance with the specifications.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Preparing reports as required.