1. Installation and maintenance of of fiber optic systems in clients' homes and buildings to ensure that they are working properly.
2. Performing premises structural cabling.
3.Maximizing network performance by trouble shooting network problems and outages.
4.Measuring the signal strength of internet connections to ensure that there is adequate performance
5. Determining solutions to any problems and issues that are preventing the fiber optic systems from performing optimally.
6.Willingness to occasionally take calls out side of business hours to support team in resolution of issues.
7. Liaising with project management team and other engineers on a regular basis.
8. Providing regular updates on the installations' progress.
9.Install demarcation enclosures, switches and other telecom equipment.
10. Installation of closures, FATS and trunkings
11.Educate clients on basic trouble shooting process and answer fiber optic related questions from customers.
12. Any other duty assigned.
Working knowledge of fiber optics.
Well organised and detail oriented.
Problem solving skills.
Ability to work directly with clients and ensure satisfaction.
A good team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Must be dependable; trustworthy; and possess strong work ethics.