KENYA MEDICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Opening date: February 10, 2021 Vacancy No. CGHR/175/02/21
Program description: The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will be conducting a large community-based study of Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait (ATSB) aimed at reducing malaria transmission in western Kenya. The 3-year project is part of a larger international ATSB consortium involving three countries in Africa, and international partners in the UK and USA. As part of this effort, KEMRI is searching for an exceptional trial manager with three years of relevant work experience to lead the study team
Position: Clerk (Data) (2 Positions) J/G KMR 10
Reports to: Data Manager
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education minimum grade of D plus.
• Minimum of 2 years working in data entry preferable within the research set-up
• Good Clinical practice (GCP) certificate
• Experience in MS-Access and MS-Excel
• Experience in working with Tele forms or other scanning software is an added advantage
• Attention to details and good work ethics
• Good judgment in problem solving, awareness of own limitations, and strong internal motivation essential
• Experience in Data Cleaning
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet set deadlines
• Must be able to multitask with several programs at the same time including Ms Excel, Ms Access and Tele forms scan stations
• Must have good organizational skills
• Be able to work well in a team
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data entry Clerk will report to the data manager to perform the following tasks.
• Scanning of forms and verification of data from the field
• Ensure data is entered accurately and timely – meet data team allocated targets
• Communicate closely with Data Manager to ensure priority tasks are completed.
• Work with Data Specialist to ensure that data is routinely backed up, anti-virus scans are conducted, and data security measures are adhered to protect data and patient confidentiality
• Deal with routine problems or issues that arise during data handling
• Perform data cleaning and QA
• Work well with members of the program/research teams including Laboratory technologists, field workers & field supervisor
• Perform other duties as assigned by Data Manager
Terms of Employment: Contract for 1 year, renewable as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 month.
Applications should include the following:
• Letter of Application (indicate vacancy number)
• Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address.
• Letters of reference from your referees.
• Copies of Certificates and transcripts
Applications should be sent through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 3, 2021 and indicate the vacancy number as the email subject.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING
APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted