ACCOUNTABLE TO: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT - CLINIC
• Deliver basic curative and preventive health care services to all patients.
• Observe the best practise for the surgical and dressing room.
• Fulfil all basic needs (hygiene) of patients.
• Maintain a high degree of hygiene in the dressing and surgical room.
• Ensure all medical instruments are sterilized, cleaned and stored.
• Ensure proper record keeping, data collection and report writing.
• Ensure proper use and maintenance of all equipment used both at the Clinic and in the community.
• Provide health related information on counseling on the prevention of communicable diseases; coordinate health programs; introduce general health related information and instruction to individuals, families and community groups.
• Advise patients on available and appropriate medical and social services available.
• Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the areas of disease prevention and treatment
• Compile and submit necessary medical/statistical reports and data to HOD Clinic.
• Apply basic time management and patient care coordination skills to effectively provide nursing and health care services
• Prepare a list of monthly medical supplies for the nursing station.
• Maintaining confidentiality of patient information at all times.
• Participating in the development of policies, procedures and standards of care to enhance service delivery.
• Facilitate patient/client health education.
• Support the establishment and effective delivery of outreach services in target communities.
• Carry out all procedures in a professional manner.
• Determine the health care needs of the Mukuru community being served in order to enhance service delivery.
• Participate in trainings for professional development and continually avail yourself to function in all sections of the Clinic.
Description of responsibilities:
• Manage the vaccination program at the Clinic.
• Report recordings to assist the records at the end of the month.
• Complete all fields in the T-Care database program when treating a patient.
• Comply with all MPC policies found in the MPC Employee Handbook.
• Ensure that all the applicable Health Ministry reports are completed and submitted to the HOD Clinic.
• Ensure updated and current registration with the Nurses Council of Kenya.
• Report any broken, damaged, lost or stolen items to the HOD Clinic.
• Replace all medical / surgical equipment supplies when the last item has been used in the dressing / surgical room.
• Provide ANC care as taught in nursing curriculum
• Explain all procedures to the patient and allow them to ask questions about sickness / treatment.
• Administer all vaccinations
• Deliver quality nursing and preventive care, in a competent, safe and professional manner to all patients.
• Support and participate in the formulation of policies, procedures and standards of care related to the services being offered.
• Minimise wastage and costs in the treatment of patients.
• Provide support to other medical practitioner as needed.
• Continuous evaluation of the services being offered in order to improve where necessary.
• Refrain from any activities outside the project that would present a conflict of interest with your employment at Mukuru Promotion Centre.
• Carry out duties and responsibilities in a manner that will enhance the reputation of Mukuru Promotion Centre.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.