We are seeking a nutritionist to join our dynamic team of nutrition professionals in the Department of Food and Nutrition Services at our Hospital. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with the interdisciplinary health care team in the Nation’s one of best health care service provider.
• Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
• Provides patient care by assessing nutrition and fluid status, determining nutrition needs, developing and revising care plan to include appropriate interventions that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
• Documents relevant, accurate, and timely information performed in steps in the Nutrition Care Process in the patient’s medical record or electronic medical record. Documents all aspects of the patient care in accordance with department’s nutrition practice guidelines and professional standards.
• Formulates and determines a plan of action that is focused on the etiology of the problem and known to be effective based on best current knowledge and evidence from Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guidelines. These programs may be short-term, such as to ensure that proper nutrition is delivered to an accident victim until full healing has occurred. Or they may be long-term for patients with diabetes, kidney disease or old age conditions that affect proper nutrition. The programs designed may be preventive, for heart disease or obesity, or therapeutic to help a patient with heart disease maintain a baseline health and nutrition state.
• Assesses educational needs and provides nutrition counseling based on individual needs, including nutrient requirements, knowledge and abilities, and medical, economic, and social situation.
• Utilizes monitoring and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns. Defines the time and frequency of care including intensity, duration, and follow-up.
• Measures outcomes through selecting outcome indicators that are relevant to the nutrition diagnosis or signs or symptoms, nutrition goals, medical diagnosis, and outcomes and quality management goals and use of standardized indicators. Evaluates the effectiveness and measures progress toward outcomes of nutrition interventions.
• Determines when a problem requires consultation with or referral to another provider. As needed, delegates or coordinates nutrition plan of care with other healthcare professionals, including coordinating care with other dietitian(s) across the continuity of care spectrum.
• Serves as a resource to medical staff and allied health personnel on nutrition issues. Works cooperatively with food service staff to ensure conformation to nutrition prescriptions.
• Communicates and influences treatment interventions determined by the medical team through interdisciplinary meetings, rounds, medical conferences, and nutrition-related in-services.
• Supervises dietetic technician’s screening and data collection activities.
• Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information.
• Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education requirements. Develops and implements an individualized portfolio plan for professional growth and development including participation in professional organizations and activities, workshops, seminars, and/or staff development programs.
• Uses the Scope of Dietetics Practice Framework (SODPF) to determine scope of practice, established Standards of Practice and Professional Performance (SOP/SOPP) in nutrition care and practice-specific dietetics, and, as available, evidence-based practice protocols/nutrition practice guidelines to help determine nutrition intervention(s).
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
For appointment to the post of Nutritionist, a candidate must;
• Education: BSc / M.Sc (clinical Nutrition)
• License/Certification: RD/RDN (Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist) only - Valid credential as a Registered Dietitian / Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD) issued by the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics’ Commission on Dietetic Registration.
• Experience: 5-7 year of work experience as a clinical dietitian