ACCOUNTABLE TO: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT - CLINIC
• Ensure the highest standard of patient care and management.
• History taking, examination, diagnosis and treatment of disease and injury.
• Performing routine medical and surgical procedures.
• Ordering and interpreting medical tests.
• Planning and conducting community health activities.
• Support, education and supervision of nurses.
• Training of community health workers.
• Training/capacity building/supervising students attached to the health facility.
• Referral of Clients to other health care facilities for further treatment and care.
• Determining the health care needs of the community being served to enhance service delivery.
• Ensure timely delivery of reports.
• Lead in the delivery of quality health education and promotion to the client and staff.
• Ensure compliance with National Health care regulations and safety standards.
• Provide services at TB/CCC clinic and any other clinics as assigned.
Description of responsibilities:
• Ensure that the clinic operates normally in the absence of the Head of Department.
• Participate fully and actively in the delivery of quality medical and preventive care, in a competent, timely, safe and professional manner.
• In conjunction with the in-charge, ensure that the clinic delivers quality services to the clientele i.e. services that are client centred.
• Participating in the formulation and implementation of policies, procedures, and standards of care in order to enhance service delivery.
• Ensure effective utilization and minimal wastage of all supplies and medical equipment at the clinic
• Assist the HOD to regularly evaluate the services being offered at the clinic in order to improve and expand where necessary.
• Monitoring the use of all equipment and other supplies in order to minimise wastage and costs.
• Ensure that the health facility always remains clean and orderly.
• Make sure that all volunteers and students on internship receive proper orientation on arrival, are allocated duties and are well supervised during their placement.
• Maintaining confidentiality of patient and clinic information at all times.
• Refrain from any activities outside the project that would present a conflict of interest with your employment at Mukuru Promotion Centre.
• Carry out duties and responsibilities in a manner that will enhance the reputation of Mukuru Promotion Centre.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.