Opening Date: 11thNovemebr, 2020 Closing Date: 30th November, 2020 Background Information:
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), in collaboration with the University of California, San Francisco through an NIH funded grant is setting up a new Study, SEARCH-SAPPHIRE trial, aimed at piloting HIV treatment and prevention interventions with the goal of further reducing HIV incidence following the successes recorded in the SEARCH trial. The study will be conducted in Homabay and Migori counties and has the following vacancies to be filled.
8. Position: Clinical Officer (3 Position) KMR/7 Vacancy No. FN-009-11-2020
Reports to:Prevention/Treatment Coordinator
Duration: 7 Months
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized medical training institution.
• Registered with the Clinical officer’s council and has a valid practicing license (Must)
• At least one year experience with Clinical research.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct physical and medical examinations for study participants and treat medical conditions as may apply
• Perform clinical assessment of participants & interpret laboratory results.
• Administer informed consent to prospective and continuing study participants and record the process appropriately
• Conduct The Life-Stage Assessment
• VL monitoring and counseling, giving feedback to study participants
• Respond to questions about the study posed by participants and the community
• Develop in-depth understanding of the study’s goals and the logistics required to conduct the study
• Track/trace participants for their study visits within the prescribed visit windows to ensure good retention and safety monitoring
• Participate in Provider consultation and discussion via WhatsApp will occur upon each detectable VL test result and for any other issue or barrier to adherence identified by the study staff as requiring consultation, as needed.
• Report problems encountered to the study Coordinator and consult appropriately
• Report adverse events as applicable and document all protocol deviations
• Counsel participants on HIV/AIDS and various treatment/prevention on offer. Maintain participant confidentiality at all times
• Maintain good relationship with the community, the rest of the clinical team and the other departments in the facility
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the study Coordinator and designated supervisors
• Works in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity
Other required skills:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in HIV Clinical care management including anti-retroviral.
• Experience in implementing clinical research studies.
• Comfortable working in remote rural villages of Suba, Mbita & Rongo, Uriri Sub-Counties of Southern Nyanza.
• Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English and preferably Dholuo
• Ability to ride a motorbike (with a valid riding/driving license) will be an added advantage
Applications should include the following:
• A cover letter stating current position and date available to start working for the program
• A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
• Name and phone number for two professional referees
• Two letters of recommendation
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications through email; firstname.lastname@example.org
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.