ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Cloud Systems Engineer will manage software, hardware, and networks. You will maintain reliable operations of the production, test, and development environments for applications and infrastructure at One Acre Fund. You will ensure compliance with policies and standards. You will collaborate with engineering teams to manage the performance of applications in the production environments.
As a member of the IT Operations department, the Cloud Systems Engineer will report to the Enterprise Architect.
- Manage operations of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Maintain security through identity management, certificates, protocols, access controls and firewalls
- Manage capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Establish proper governance in the administration of systems by defining policies, standards, processes and best practice guidelines
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- One or more relevant professional certifications, such as:
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solution Expert)
- Linux Certifications: LPIC-1 or LPIC-2
- Azure Certified (AZ900,AZ104, AZ303)
- Cisco CCNA-Cloud.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience managing cloud-hosted IT infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience managing Microsoft SQL Server database environments.
- Experience using shell script or interpreted languages such as Python, Bash, Perl, and Windows PS.
- Experience administering Kubernetes clusters (AKS, GKE, EKS or on-premises).
- Experience managing infrastructure security using identity management, certificates, VLAN, and access controls.
- Experience planning, design, implementing, and managing IT networks.
- Experience implementing standards and best practices in infrastructure management.
- Experience managing continuous development, testing, and integration.
- 1+ years of experience managing other IT professionals.
- Language: English. Working knowledge of French and Swahili will be an added advantage.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
29 August 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.