We are looking for part-time coding instructors to teach computer coding classes to school students (4-18 years old). Classes are taught online, so you will be working remotely from your home and utilizing a virtual classroom environment. Each class typically meets once per week and they are 1-hour long.
We provide a structured curriculum, teaching platform, and instruction materials but leave room for creativity and adjustments. The primary role of a clubtangaza Instructor is to deliver the curriculum in an engaging way and ultimately be responsible for student retention and parent satisfaction.
Do you believe that coding should be taught in the same way that English, French, or Chinese are? Can coding be artistic? Should every child, especially young girls, be exposed to how to code?
We totally Agree!!! Come and teach the future hackers of Generation Alpha, one line of code and juice box at a time!
Club Tangaza is an online coding platform for kids and beginners. We follow a fun curriculum that kids love. Coding is a language, so it should be taught at a young agejust like English, French, or Chinese. We need outstanding role models to teach Generation Alpha a skill that will follow them for the rest of their life.
Though a fun job, we take teaching extremely seriously.
- Deliver the curriculum in a fun and engaging way
- Provide feedback for curriculum improvement
- Engage with parents/students as needed
- Positively advocate for the program
- At University, OR graduated. Computer Science or Software Engineering background is key.
- Must be AMAZING with kids and serve as a role model: empathetic, patient, and deeply kind. This is by far the most important requirement for the job. Just because you’re a great engineer, doesn’t mean you’re a great teacher!
- Must have experience coding: This could mean a handful of college-level CS classes or a personal interest in programming.
- Must be available at least 5 hours each week with extreme consistency.
- Must have a (1) computer/laptop with a camera, and (2) a headset with a microphone to ensure your voice is clear.
- Must be willing to create some fun props to make kids excited to video chat and continue lessons.
- You must be ridiculously kind.
- You’re always 5 minutes early, even when you’re just getting tea with a best friend.
- You have strong beliefs about how to improve Africa’s educational system.
- You love your family and kids
Work Location: Fully Remote
- *Monday to Friday during school holidays
- *Saturday during school terms.
- You will be paid at least $5 per hour-long session with potential for raises and bonuses based on student retention and parent satisfaction.
What languages are you looking for Instructors to teach?
- Our curriculum is quite broad-based. We are looking for Instructors who can teach in-demand programming languages and skills.
When will I be teaching?
- The highest availability of classes is between 10 am - 12 pm Monday - Friday and 10 am - 4pm on Saturdays
How many classes will I be teaching?
Ideally, new Instructors start with 1 class. Based on how well students enjoy the classes, an instructor may be given additional classes.