• Ensuring all orders are filled, packed and shipped.
• Communicating inventory levels with the Manager.
• Performing daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance and cleaning of production equipment.
• Roasting, managing profiles and green inventory using high-end applications.
• Supporting the green coffee handling and roasting processes.
• Manage production efficiency and troubleshooting equipment failures.
• Ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are maintained.
• Manage the training of staff on production operations
• Manage the roasting schedule.
• Responsible for roasting samples and hosting cuppings related to the green coffee buying program.
• Work in roasting experiments, improving inventory accuracy and forecasting, along with consistency in roasting profiles.
• Coffee quality control.
• Must have a valid good conduct certificate.
• Must have a valid travel passport.
• Must have a clean bill of health.
• At least 3 years’ experience in the field.
• The ability to assess coffee quality and communicate coffee characteristics using accepted industry terminology.
• Barista skills including espresso and slow bar brewing.
• Cashier skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be willing to work in arduous conditions; heat & humidity.
Monthly Net Salary: Kshs. 45,000 (Approx. 450 USD) plus benefits.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Deadline: 14th August 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement**