About the job
As part of the Balton CP group of companies headquartered in the United Kingdom, Amiran Kenya provides complete solutions in all of its fields of expertise in agriculture. Through decades of partnership with Kenya’s large, medium and small-scale growers, Amiran has become a “one stop shop” for all of Kenya’s agricultural needs.
Our core business is the packaging of complete agricultural solutions, tailored to local market requirements. Solutions are developed by combining a range of market leading products (consumables, equipment, and information technology) from suppliers / manufacturers around the world and packaging this with extensive technical support, agronomy knowledge and after sales service. The objective being to take farmers on a journey of increased productivity through mechanization and improved agricultural practices.
JOB PURPOSE & REPORTING
The job holder will be reporting to the Head of Agro-Division, Amiran Kenya Limited. The ideal candidate will be responsible for for achieving business growth by meeting business targets through selling of our products and services, establishing and maintaining business partnerships with customers and different market stakeholders and Coordination with all the Area Managers on big orders and special deals.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement successful sales strategies, marketing/sales plans and forecasts for products and service to meet the organizations revenue target each financial year.
• Develop and recommend product positioning, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share in the small-scale business.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and set performance goals accordingly.
• Develop and justify annual revenue budgets as well as product-specific budgets/projections for new products.
• Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
• Develop and execute the business plan for the small-scale business.
• Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Building and strengthening business relationships with existing and prospective clients to achieve performance targets;
• Exploring opportunities presented by the market and developing innovative products and solutions that meet customer needs;
• Managing the business portfolio through business development in order to achieve the targeted business mix and loss ratio;
• Plan and execute tactical sales campaigns to the highest standard, maximizing sales revenue wherever possible.
• Support the development of key accounts in line with relevant Agronomists.
• Participating in management meetings, projects and committees as assigned.
• Communication and follow up with the Area Managers on big orders and special offers.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors’ degree in Agronomy or related field from a recognized institution;
• Masters’ degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any other relevant field from a recognized institution.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & ADDITIONAL SKILLS
• Diploma in Sales and Marketing will be an added advantage;
• Membership of a professional body will be an added advantage;
• At least 8 years relevant experience with at 3 years managerial experience.
• Sales experience with Cereal and Horticulture Sectors
• Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
• Superior Communication skills both written and oral;
• Analytical skills;
• Strong negotiation skills; and
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Applicants to submit via Apply Now Button:
• CV(s) and a cover letter, with each document no longer than 1 page in length
• Any supporting information your feel is relevant to reflect your suitability for the position.
All applications including a detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and day time telephone number should be sent via Apply Now Button quoting “Commercial Manager” as the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.