Job title: Communication and Advocacy Specialist
1. Place within the organization
• Endorses the mission and vision of kidscare Kenya;
• Is a member of the team of kidscare Kenya;
• Serves as a technical resource for staff while contributing to communications and knowledge management strategic planning and implementation.
2. Reporting to
• Is reporting direct to the Head of Department
3. Job content
• Update and finalize the Yes We Have Our Rights(YWHOR) strategic plan, spelling out clear roles, milestones, indicators, and measures to monitor progress and results. The plan should link Kenyan Children With Special Abilities’ (CSA) policies, rules and rights to ensure a consistent approach and reflect evidence gained from field experience
• Provides input to the strategic and operational YWHOR! plan to improve the lives of the CSA’s and caretakers in the sub county Lungalunga.
• Assist the Head of department to set the objectives and milestones for policy and practices
• In close cooperation with the KidsCare board and management coordinate and support KidsCare efforts to influence and engage other organizations in Kenyan (and other counties) with an interest in improving the lives of CSA’s. Partnership with sharing knowledge and getting funding must be results of that.
• Help roll out the communication and advocacy tool kit and support staff to identify, recruit, train, support, and measure the effectiveness of the KidsCare communication and advocacy tools.
• Coordinate advocacy efforts with communications and knowledge management staff to use media and social media channels to generate awareness of civil society in the interest of the CSA’s.
4. Job profile
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in development communications or related field, or relevant experience
• Five or more years of professional experience, including field experience supporting cooperating groups, teams and f.e. communities to build skills in planning and implementing communication and advocacy strategies and activities in the interest of CSA’s
• Experience working in (inter) national ‘society issues’, preferably related to improving the welfare of Children with Special Abilities. Has convincing affinity with the target group CSA.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically, i.e., to help teams/groups think through an issue, develop a strategy and plan, prioritize and implement activities, and monitor and measure outcomes
5. Values, competences, management skills and job related competences
• Better world;
• Customer care;
• Drive and enthusiasm;
• Strategy & organization (proactive);
• General management & administration skills;
• Ability to ensure quality brand standards are applied;
• Research and development;
Job related competences
• Decision making;
• Commitment and responsibility;
• Build trust;
• Communication skills;
• Care of equipment.
6. Salary Scale:
Kindly Indicate your previous/ Current & Expected salary
7. Training opportunities