REPORTING TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
We are looking for an experienced Communications Assistant for providing administrative assistance to our dynamic teams. Writing attractive and informative company content will be the core component of your role. This role requires brilliant communication skills along with excellent attention to business details. Having administrative experience will be a plus and we would like to see the candidate have such dynamic skills. Eventually, your job will be to spread the vision and message of our company via a maximum number of channels.
• Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
• Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts)
• Ensure the smooth running of company’s website including tagging of content, creation of new pages, and posting of blogs.
• Posting on social media and monitoring analytics in order to drive new opportunities for outreach
• Signing up for and monitoring digital alerts, e-news
• Supporting distribution of email communications
• Assisting with the development, design and printing of marketing materials
• Assisting the team with presentations (proof-reading and making sure materials are
• in keeping with our brand)
• Assisting with the drafting, design and distribution of policy briefings, reports, press
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners,
• Maintain the Mobile phones for data collection database and fill the mobiles taken by consultant and when to return them
• Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks;
• Setting up accounts for new users
• Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
• Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
• Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
• Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Order office supplies and Submit and reconcile expense reports
• Prepare and monitor invoices from all suppliers such as such internet, Electricity, rent, water etc
• Make contracts for consultants and prepare invoices and cheques for payment
• Make database and Keep the list and contacts of all Suppliers
The following are essential requirements;
A. Academic and professional Qualification
• Diploma in Mass communication, Journalism, IT
• Degree in Mass communication, Journalisms, IT is added advantage
• Microsoft office – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PDF Editor , Adobe Photoshop o Social media – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
• E-marketing – Campaign Monitor , Mailchimp or other o Google Analytics
• Database management and software development is desired.
• Website development - CMS system (e.g. Wordpress or Sales force of other CRM system
• 4 years of experience in any of the following areas such as communications, content digital management /branding / journalism or a related field
• Previous experience of working in an office environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a high level of understanding of social media
If you feel that your skills and experience are suitable for this role, send in your applications to us via "Apply Now Button"