Communication specialists manage an organization's public image. These professionals work to raise public awareness of their organization and the goods or services it provides.
With the goal of establishing or maintaining favorable public opinions, they work with media outlets, potential customers, clients, investors and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement an effective communications strategy.
- Design, write, edit and distribute content including; Publications, press releases, website content, annual reports and other marketing materials and campaigns that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
- Liaise with marketing agencies to design and develop effective marketing campaigns.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Research and write about local and global technology trends and progress.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Key account management.
- A university degree in a relevant field.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Interest and knowledge in technology.
- Keen understanding of digital and social media and uses of new technologies for communication.
- Creative, open minded and willing to learn.
- At least 6 months experience in communication and or marketing.
- Proficiency in design Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in web design technologies is an added advantage.
To apply for this position
your CV (Max 2 pages) with
the Subject:Communication Specialist
- Sample in PDF of your written work on blockchain technology in Kenya (Max 1 Page).
- Link to your LinkedIn Profile.