Rural Communication Coordinator East Africa
Marketing & Communications
Lead the communication activities in Kenya and Tanzania. Rural communication plays an instrumental role in dispersing information to communities in our project area, motivating and activating local stakeholders, and igniting a regreening movement that is owned and led by local communities
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:6 years
Rural Communication Coordinator East Africa
Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment type: Full time
Start date: April 2023
We are a fast-growing non-profit organization with a mission to regreen Africa and cool down the planet while creating opportunities for local communities and strengthening their reliance on climate change. Our approach is to inspire and empower millions of subsistence farmers and pastoralists to regreen their land by combining harvesting, agroforestry, and climate-resilient agriculture techniques.
The company has its main oﬃces in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and Nairobi, Kenya. The oﬃce in Nairobi serves as the Regional Oﬃce East Africa (ROEA) and was established at the end of the year 2020 since then has grown fast. The ROEA is the supporting entity for all Justdiggit staﬀ working in East Africa (we have duty stations hosting one or two staﬀ members in Southern Kenya and Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam, and Arusha), and the first point of contact for many of our partners in East Africa. Currently, Justdiggit has 16 staﬀ members in East Africa focusing on program management, finance, marketing & communication, and monitoring, evaluation & learning. This is expected to grow to 20+ staﬀ members in the coming year. East Africa as a region plays a central role in Justdiggit’s strategy and from there we want to position ourselves as a leading organization in landscape restoration in Africa. The ROEA plays a pivotal role in this ambition.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
With the growing number of programs within Justdiggit, we are looking for our ‘Rural Communication Coordinator East Africa’ colleague to lead the communication activities in Kenya and Tanzania. Rural communication plays an instrumental role in dispersing information to communities in our project area, motivating and activating local stakeholders, and igniting a regreening movement that is owned and led by local communities. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the rural communication of our projects in Kenya and Tanzania from planning to implementation. This comprises of but is not limited to the strategic overview and day-to-day activities of the programs such as;
• Building grassroots communication plan for all the focus landscapes (projects) in Kenya and Tanzania.
• Create and align with all the landscape (project) managers of the upcoming communication activities and research.
• Ensure good internal communication flow between our Amsterdam oﬃce, Nairobi oﬃce, duty stations (Chyulu, Arusha, and Dar es Salaam), and local partners.
• Execute planned communication as per the timeline agreed upon with all stakeholders (eg. Movie roadshows, murals, Sms services, and such…)
• Work closely with key executives and media partners such as Havas, JCDecaux, and such.
• Onboard new potential media partnerships for a be er exposure of the projects.
• Guide and assist on all filming and production expeditions both by Justdiggit / by media partners.
• Manage and oversee the rural communication budget spending.
• Conduct field visits to gather local insights that can improve the communication strategy.
• Together with the creative team, work on coming up with content for Tv, radio, out-of-home, etc…
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 6 years of work experience, with a strong preference for someone who has worked in landscape restoration.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience in rural communications planning and execution.
• Bringing structure to projects and communication with partners.
• Independent and proactive with experience working with colleagues from a distance.
• Fluent in Kiswahili and English.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Be part of a great mission: regreen our planet!
• Well-serviced oﬃce space and inspiring work environment in Karen, Nairobi.
• As part of a fast-growing organization, there will be ample room for personal and professional development.
• Comprehensive and competitive set of benefits.
• Great colleagues and a diverse team.
• Gross salary from 175K - 225K Kes.
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please send your CV and motivation le er to us before April 5th, 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured