We are looking to employ a Communications Specialist with exceptional public speaking and writing skills. A Communications Specialist is expected to be a strategic thinker with a meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, Communications Specialists should be innovative, organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
• Research and write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs and newsletters.
• Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles and strategies, and to keep up-to-date with relevant developments.
• Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
• Facilitate the resolution of disputes with external role-players.
• Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
• Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
• Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
• Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players.
Communications Specialist Requirements:
• Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field (essential).
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications strategy development (essential).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
• Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
• Content writing experience for all media platforms.
• Proven social media and networking expertise.
• Strategic and creative mindset.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• A portfolio of work available for review.