Reporting to Marketing Manager
Direct Reports Content Developer, Community Marketer
• Work across the organizations’ focal points to identify media moments, success stories, develop and implement relevant materials and media outreach.
• Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
• Generate innovative ways to gain quality media coverage across all channels.
• Initiate, draft, edit communications materials, including press kits, fact sheets, infographics and multimedia products.
• Advise colleagues on media relations and handle media inquiries;
• Development and maintenance of media contacts and lists;
• Draft and distribute media advisories, news releases and other materials and design and organize media events, as appropriate, to promote activities of the organization;
• Advise and assist colleagues to include media outreach activities such as interviews or press briefings.
• Provide access for journalists to subject matter experts;
• Provide effective and timely responses to public information inquiries; and
• Provide timely strategic advice and creative solutions for dealing with sensitive communications issues and stories.
• Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
• Support and evaluate the results of communication campaigns with the team.
• Group Marketing Head
• Marketing Specialist
• Marketing Campaign Manager
• Creative Designers
KPIs to measure success.
• Communication Reach
Key Skills & Competencies
• 3-5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
• Proven crisis communications experience;
• Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization, NGO
• Experience in the use of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling web-based management systems is highly desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.