Reports to: Head of Clinical Services
Responsible for: Dental Assistant
Collaborates with: Clinical Team and other staff
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Examine patients’ teeth and mouth.
• Assess dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
• Analyze x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
• Take, develop and mount radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
• Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
• Clean teeth using brushes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained
• Fill in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
• Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
• Provide instruction on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
• Document patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
• Supervise staff and clinic processes
• Book patients for dentists’ review
• Minimum 8 years experience in a busy and reputable institution
• Passionate about paediatric dentistry
• Should have experience with clients who are children
• Team player, flexible
• Should be able to handle children well.
• Diploma in Community oral health/Dentistry or equivalent from a reputable institution.
• Current practicing certificate.
• Computer Literate