AIC Githumu Mission Hospital is an award-winning mission hospital located in Githumu 45km west of Thika Town in Muranga County. For generations, we have grown rising to be among the best mission hospitals in Kenya because of our excellent standards and the high quality of services and personal care we provide. We are pacesetters in our field, inspired by our core value of care. We care about the dignity of our patients and strive to become a one-stop healthcare provider in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessing dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyzing x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Taking, developing and mounting radiography as well as trace radiography required for corrective treatment
- Undertaking general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Full mouth scaling, polishing and prophylaxis to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained.
- Filling-in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Reducing simple fractures of the jaws.
- Providing patient education on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Taking and making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts/models.
- Documenting patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
- Documenting lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Supervising staff and clinic processes concerning dental department
- Manage the dental department to achieve local and international standards.
- Recommending and ordering dental materials, equipment and instruments ensuring they are cost effective and maintain proper bookkeeping of the same.
- Keeping up-to-date with new developments within the profession maintaining patient dental records
- Adherence to the company’s policies on IPC, SOPs, HR, SECURITY etc
- Ensuring that established procedures are adhered to in order to maintain quality assurance in delivery of oral health services
- Ensuring all procedures are correctly billed to capture revenue.
- Maintaining stock control procedures for the dental services to ensure accountability
- Prepare and submit reports on dental services and activities on a daily basis.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Community Oral Health
- Experience: Minimum of one (2) year experience in a busy hospital.
- Registered as a Community Oral Health Officer with the regulatory body.
- Valid Practicing License.
- Wide knowledge of the health industry
- Must have a work permit and license to practice in Kenya if a foreigner from KMPD Board
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Able and willing to work outside normal hours when necessary
NB: AIC Githumu Mission Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification. Candidates are advised to indicate their current and expected salary in their application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled when a suitable candidate is matched with the job.