Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Assessing dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
• Analyzing x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
• Taking, developing and mounting radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
• Undertaking general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
• Full mouth scaling, polishing and prophylaxis to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained.
• Filling-in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
• Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
• Reducing simple fractures of the jaws.
• Providing patient education on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
• Taking and making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts/models.
• Documenting patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
• Documenting lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
• Identifying priorities and implementing care based on individual patients’ needs and sound nursing judgment.
• Diploma in Community Oral Health
• Experience level: 1 year
• Excellent communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
• Somebody who can work around EMBAKASI area of Nairobi