Our client is one of the leading ethical clothing factories in the world. Garments produced by them have been worn by Michelle Obama on numerous occasions and their work is regularly featured in international publications. The organisation runs a charitable trust that provides women with practical skills needed to see sustainable improvement in their lives and lift themselves out of poverty. The Trust Project includes a sewing training facility, a sewing machine workspace, Kujuwa Initiative programme (Menstrual Health Management), WASH programme and the delivery of training programmes to five locations in the local community. They are currently seeking to recruit a Community Training Officer who will be responsible for Coordinating with the Lead Trainer for smooth implementation of the trainings, planning, managing & facilitating the training events. Develop training modules, session plans, and manuals. Design and implement trainings and development program based on the organizational level needs. The ideal candidate Must have experience working with International donors.
• Assist in the development of a training curriculum and ensuring the training conducted is as per the training curriculum.
• Plan & process the training program.
• Liaise with local institutions and authorities, anticipate appropriate paperwork that allows the training program to be delivered in time.
• Developing training materials, conducting training sessions, evaluating and recommending areas for improvement
• Build training programmes from scratch (from the initial through planning, implementation, review and outcomes analysis) and delegate work to other members of the learning and development team.
• Ensure beneficiaries’ understanding.
• Ensure the quality of in-class sessions, follow-up sessions & post-training visits.
• Produce training materials for in-house programmers.
• Coaching each Project Assistant by observing what they are doing and providing guidance whenever needed.
• Identifying the knowledge gap among the Project Assistant by spending more time with them in the field and giving a necessary recommendation in filling the gaps.
• Evaluate training and development programmes.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences.
• Demonstrated experience and capacity in delivering training to youth.
• Proven working experience (At least 2-3 years) in International Non- Profit Organization.
• Experience in training will be a plus.
• Effective communicator in front of small-medium-sized groups of people.
• Proficiency in IT including the ability to use MS application packages (Word, Excel and database software).
• Experience working in a start-up would be an advantage.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 70,000 - 90,000 (Approx. 700 – 900 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 30th May 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience