JOB LOCATION – NYAMIRA COUNTY
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensuring that all Safety, Health & Environmental policy & procedures for various farm equipment and operations are developed, documented, displayed and employees trained on them.
• Ensure compliance to National Legislation regarding Environment and Occupational Health and Safety.
• To coordinate Rainforest Alliance audits for the Estate & Out-growers and follow up on corrective measures.
• To facilitate licensing; workplace (DOSH), effluent discharge (NEMA) and PCPB for chemical stores
• To facilitate water permits for the dams and boreholes (WARMA) and periodical fire drills in the workplace.
• To coordinate medical checks for new staff, periodical examinations on Cholinesterase (spray personnel), Audiological examinations (noisy environments), lungs functionality (dusty environments), WIBA assessment and medical exits examinations.
• To facilitate workplace risk assessment and PPEs for all employees as per the workplace hazards
• To facilitate the implementation of waste management policy and waste disposal is appropriately done.
• To facilitate training of Safety & health committee members every three years. Annual training of personnel handling agrochemicals, fire safety (biannually, first aid training annually.
• Develop a system of monitoring lost time accident and monitoring safe an environmental aspect of the company.
• Develop an efficient security system in the company capable of handling all emergencies.
• Ensure company and out growers compliance to certification standards.
Qualifications & Experiences
• Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental studies or equivalent
• Post graduate certificate in Occupational Health and safety
• Excellent computer skills and at least 3 years’ experience in managing Environmental, Health and Safety.
• Knowledge of local Environmental, Health and Safety laws.
• Experience with tea/agriculture sector is an added advantage particularly working with smallholder farmers
• Certification by NEMA as a lead expert to undertake Environmental audits is an added advantage.