A computer teacher is an educator in the field of computer science and related technological areas who coaches and teaches students in the fundamentals of computer software and hardware.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Computer Teacher
• Creates lesson plans that are appropriate for the age and abilities of the students in the class.
• Evaluates student performances in class and on tests and provides feedback.
• Assigns special projects to students.
• Communicates students’ progress to the management, particularly regarding students who need tutoring or other extra assistance.
• Provides appropriate resources and learning materials for students.
• Identifies varying teaching methods that work best for students who learn differently.
• Develops and updates curriculum for the classroom.
• Determine and troubleshoot technology services for staff.
• Coordinate and collaborate with lead teacher, principal and instructional coaches.
• Integrate special lesson plans with core academic curriculum.
• Conducts research.
• Encourages creativity in students.
• Maintains computer laboratories and keeps an inventory of supplies.
• Ensures that computer equipment is functioning properly.
• Maintains accurate records of students’ progress in class and on examinations.
• Keeps order in the classroom and handles student behavior issues in accordance with school system policies.
• Maintains an orderly classroom stocked with appropriate supplies.
• Stays up-to-date on changes and advancements in computer technology taught in the classroom.
• Petitions administrators for updated hardware and software for the classroom.
• Runs the classroom within the allocated budget.
• Keeps all classroom work backed up.
• Ensures that the internet in the classroom is used only for appropriate educational purposes.
• Posts grades and sends grade reports to the management as required by the school system.
• Teaches remote or online classes to adult students who cannot take part in daytime classes.
• Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must have exceptional computer skills.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies.
• Must have excellent trouble shooting skills.
• Have superior dexterity for keyboarding and operating a mouse.
• Must have excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must have good social networking skills.
• Must have understanding of computer monitors, central processing units, operating systems, hard drives and file storage.
• Must have strong public speaking skills.
• Must be detail oriented and mechanically inclined.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• ICDL training is an added advantage.
• 3 years or more work experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured