Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Your four (4) primary responsibilities will consist of:
- Manage pipeline of requested construction projects across multiple stakeholders
- Identify and design solutions to identified problems
- Manage construction crews and contractors to ensure high quality delivery of projects both on time and on budget
- Report progress on pipeline of construction projects to VF leadership and problem solve as necessary
You will be the primary person responsible for ensuring high quality and on time completion of construction projects across VF. This position requires a strong engineering and project management background and proactively engage and share updates with senior executives across Victory Farms.
Manage pipeline of construction projects
- Gather input and construction requests from stakeholders across the organization
- Develop project plans, timelines, and preliminary budget for requested projects
- Review current projects underway and align on completion timeline with stakeholders
Identify and design solutions
- Leverage engineering background to identify and propose multiple options/solutions to requests (as necessary) and review and align with stakeholders on path forward
- Design proposed solution and budget; iterate with stakeholder feedback (as necessary)
Manage construction crews and contractors
- Manage internal construction crews to complete identified works ensuring quality and design requirements are met
- Hire and manage contractors to complete identified works as necessary, ensuring price and quality requirements
- Manage and assign work to crews as required by projects
- Engage senior management proactively on progress reports across construction pipeline
- Identify and raise roadblocks quickly with stakeholders to reduce/eliminate delays
- Prioritize construction projects with stakeholders when team capacity is limited (as necessary)
- 15+ years in construction management or project engineering.
- Bachelor’s in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering is required.
- Experience in delivering large scale engineering projects in Kenya is strongly preferred.
- Ability to thrive while working collaboratively with colleagues, identifying and solving problems independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Location: Homa Bay, Kenya
- Status: Full time
- Benefits included
- Vacation Benefits
- Salary: Competitive, based on experience