Content Associate Consultant – French
Consultancy – 3 months
About AMI and the Job:
AMI enables ambitious businesses across Africa to thrive through practical tools and training. We equip entrepreneurs with tools to build their business, help companies train their teams and run work readiness programmes for young people. Our programmes combine mobile tools with in-person workshops and on-the-job practice and support.
AMI is expanding rapidly. We have raised investment, opened offices in Nairobi, Johannesburg and Kigali and trained over 35,000 people in over 36 African countries.
AMI is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Content Associate Consultant - French to join our Content and Learning team as we expand our portfolio of clients across Africa. S/he will report to the Content Manager (CM).
The successful candidate will play an instrumental role in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. This is a great opportunity for candidates with a passion for translation and learning to play a part in Africa’s transformation.
The successful candidate will focus on the development, translation and quality assurance of AMI’s key entrepreneurship learning content and course inputs to support AMI to reach Francophone entrepreneurs.
The successful candidate will support the translation of AMI’s flagship entrepreneurship programme, Survive to Thrive, into French. Working closely with an external translation agency, the successful candidate will focus on quality assuring translated programme content such as inputs (lesson scripts, on-screen text, quizzes and supporting resources) for online courses as well as programme surveys and practical tools to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
● Content production support I Support the Content Manager in the content development process, including quality assurance and ad hoc translation work as well as project management support within the broader Francophone translation project at AMI.
● Quality Assurance:
○ Support the management and quality assurance of a large-scale project for French translation. This will include working closely with an external translation agency to review, provide feedback and quality assure translated content such as:
• Lesson scripts, on-screen text, quizzes and supporting resources for online courses
• Text-based practical entrepreneurship tools
• Draft and final videos for online courses
• Uploaded content on AMl's online learning platform
• Programme surveys
○ Support the CM in quality assurance processes and tracking of core content assets as they flow through the production process, including liaising where necessary with content experts, video designers and other internal and external stakeholders
● Ad hoc translation work: Support the CM in the development and translation of key programme resources where required
● Project management support in management of content production and translation services
○ Support the Content Manager by managing project plans, communicating with parties to ensure deadlines are met and tracking the progress of all content inputs. This will include ongoing reporting in terms of progress towards core milestones and deliverables.
● Must be fluent in French
● Excellent command of written and spoken French and English
● Excellent stakeholder management
● Excellent attention to detail
● Excellent time management skills
● Proactive communicator
● Familiarity with key business terminology and concepts
● Ability to prioritise competing tasks and deliver core outputs on time
Education and Experience
● High school diploma / degree or equivalent
● At least 2 years’ working experience
● Preference will be given to applicants with experience in entrepreneurial ventures eg. Start-ups / micro-enterprises / small and growing businesses
Please send a CV and cover letter via "Apply Now Button". We will assess applications on a rolling basis and will hire as soon as we find the right person, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details.