The Hospital Chief Accountant is responsible for overseeing all financial activities within the hospital, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting, and maintaining compliance with accounting principles and regulations. This role provides strategic financial leadership to support the hospital's financial health and sustainability.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Financial Management:
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Manage and monitor the hospital's financial performance, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Prepare financial statements, reports, and presentations for senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards, regulations, and tax laws.
- Coordinate and oversee internal and external audits, working closely with auditors to address any findings or recommendations.
- Collaborate with hospital leadership to develop and execute financial plans and strategies.
- Analyze financial data to identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancement.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making.
- Prepare and present financial reports to the hospital's executive team and the board of directors.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records and ledgers.
- Ensure the timely and accurate submission of financial reports to regulatory agencies and authorities.
- Monitor and manage cash flow to ensure the hospital's financial stability.
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable functions to optimize cash flow.
- Manage and mentor a team of accounting professionals.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities to staff members.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks that could impact the hospital's operations and financial health.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field (CPA certification may be preferred).
- Several years of progressive financial management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and healthcare finance.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
The Hospital Chief Accountant plays a vital role in ensuring the financial stability and success of a hospital, working closely with other departments to support the overall mission of providing quality healthcare services.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.