The Control Room Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the delivery of the control room service and ensure delivery of operational KPI’s.
- To deliver effective team management.
- Ensuring operating systems are functioning correctly and are fit for purpose, troubleshooting and organizing for corrective action while at the same time mitigating against any risk to the Control room.
- Carrying out dynamic security and safety risk assessment.
- Ensuring the efficient and correct system use of systems by staff.
- Communicating effectively with the control room team and liaising effectively with the operational management teams within the control room.
- Maintaining effective relationships with frontline museum staff, management and contractor and service providers.
- Cross functional working with facilities, collections, events and visitor services teams.
- Managing training and development and recruitment of control room staff.
- Conducting and monitoring control room staff appraisals and encouraging further development.
- Providing reports and recommending process improvements.
- Developing the control room operations manual that supports all operations, updating when required and formulating and implementing security policy and procedures.
- Acting as a focal point for security operations decision making during routine and emergency situations.
- Deputizing for Security Operations Manager when required.
- Adhering to compliance standards and relevant laws.
- Any other duties deemed relevant to the role.
Essential Experience Requirements:
- Experience of successfully leading teams to constantly achieve company objectives.
- The ability to communicate with all levels, from senior management to operational staff.
- Target and KPI focused yet able to deliver whilst maintaining employee engagement.
- Excellent people and performance management skills: motivate, coach, develop, inspire and ability to identify training needs.
- Experience of working with control room systems.
- Analytical and quality focused – able to produce accurate management information.
- Excellent presentation and IT skills are required of managing a control room in a high profile pressurized environment and familiarization of working with control room systems.
- Evidence of problem solving skills and improving the day to day running of a department
Passion, innovation and service excellence.
- Experience of implementing Quality Management Standards.
- The ability to manage and deliver projects, draft and implement policies and influence senior stakeholders.
- A higher education in management and/or security management in addition to relevant security certifications is required.
- 3 Years of Experience and above.
If qualified and interested in this position please send your CV and cover letter quoting the role ‘Control Room Manager’ on the subject line