Our client a security technology based company is looking to hire a highly skilled and experienced Control Room Operator to provide support to the company’s daily operations and deliver high standards of service to customers, management and staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor all security, communications and fire/life safety systems within the designated region via the provided monitoring systems.
- Serve as the liaison between all departments and the Security Department.
- Handle complaints and unusual/critical event information to the appropriate personnel immediately.
- Ensure accurate documentation of routine and unusual events occurring on or near the facilities (accomplished via shift reports, pass-downs logs, incident reports, incident reports logs, or other established methods).
- Accurately maintain control of all equipment and keys in the Control Room. Accurately logs all equipment.
- Complete ‘task work orders’ for all reported maintenance needs
- Inform (without delay) the relevant personnel of any missing, damaged, inoperative equipment or communications, alarm, CCTV, or other systems
- Detect, analyze and alert relevant personnel regarding any adverse conditions to the corporation and its employees.
- Proactively monitor all surveillance cameras and CCTV remote viewer programs. Monitor and respond to all security/life safety system alarms.
- Control and monitor the two-way communication systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in a security related field.
- At least 2 year verifiable experience in a security command or communications center.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under stress.
- Must be physically fit.
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in this position please send your CV and cover letter quoting the role ‘Control Room Operator’ on the subject