A company involved in a Renewable Energy project in Kenya is seeking a Control Room Operator with at least 5yrs of experience having worked in a Power plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operational aspects of the power plant. He/she will ensure safe and efficient start-up, operation and shutdown of the turbines and balance of plant equipment from inside the control room as well as Operate the generation assets in a manner that meets or exceeds all applicable requirements. Experience having worked in Wind Power plant is an added advantage.
• Verifying the safe and effective operation of the Power Plant, including ancillary and Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment as assigned.
• Identify basic abnormal operations for undocumented situations.
• Collaborate with National Control Center operators, Substation Operators and maintenance personnel to implement scheduled maintenance plans.
• Recording data, log information and compile and distribute reports as required.
• Maintain continuous coverage and responsibility while on-duty.
• Complete required internal and external training requirements and certifications.
• Assist in training of subordinate personnel.
• Perform routine maintenance when the plant is not operating.
• Perform tests on critical systems as necessary to ensure availability.
• Perform and direct equipment isolation in accordance with plant lockout/tagout procedures.
• Coordinate the hourly distribution of generation forecasts with the KPLC National Control Center.
• Monitor and record plant operating parameters inside the control room.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic or Electro-mechanical engineering.
• More than 5 years of experience working in a plant.
• Experience in plant maintenance.
• Excellent analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex data.
• Experience handling contractual issues related to plant operations and maintenance.
• Conversant with SCADA and starting and shutting down operation from the control room.
• Fully conversant with aligning, switching and paralleling electrical equipment and systems.
• Able to handle stress and be flexible.
• Strong communication skills and experience managing a team.
• Hands-on, proactive and an excellent problem solver.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable - depending on skill and experience.
Position Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 1st November 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***