Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up workstations with all applicable ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Dressing dishes before they are served
- Maintaining the highest kitchen sanitation standards
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Keep track of ingredients and food stock levels and place orders when there are shortages
- Portioning products when received and ensuring the right portion is issued to the customer.
- Labeling products and checking on expiry dates.
- Ensure that any product leaving the kitchen has a docket.
- Maintain good quality of production.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience as a cook
- Experience in a restaurant serving local Kenyan food and/or nyama choma an added advantage
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Pleasant communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- Certification from a culinary school will be an advantage