The successful candidate Must have experience working in a fine dining environment (4/5-star Camp/Lodge), preparing international cuisines, be conversant with food allergies and food costs, creating quality menus, professionally managing a high-end kitchen.
• Ensure that production is correctly executed.
• Prepare healthy and varied food for international guests.
• Maintain Health and safety procedures at all times in the kitchen.
• Perform food costing & food budgeting.
• Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene in the workplace are of the highest standard.
• Ensure that food cost levels are maintained as specified in the budget.
• Assist in training potential candidates for cook assistant role.
• Manage mealtimes well for house guests.
• Minimum of 5 year’s previous experience required in a 4/5 Star hotel/restaurant/lodge.
• Knowledge of International Cuisines.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Customer focused with a warm, friendly personality.
• World-class hospitality, food, and beverage service standards.
Monthly Gross Salary: Negotiable depending on skills & experience.
Location: Maasai Mara, Kenya.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Education: Diploma/bachelor’s degree.
Deadline: 8th March 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***