Job title: Coordinator SSU Special Needs Daycare
(SSU =Special School Unit)
1. Place within the organization
- Endorses the mission and vision of KidsCare Kenya;
- Is a member of the team of KidsCare Kenya;
- Is member of the SSU project team;
- Works in close cooperation with the Project Manager SNE.
2. Reporting to
- Works under supervision of and reports to the project leader SSU.
3. Job content
The Coordinator Special Needs Daycare supports the six SSU daycare classroom care and education staff teams (teacher, teacher assistants, matron, caretakers, health workers and OT) to refine their practices, improve as professionals and to become a closely collaborating education and care team in their SSU working structural on a ‘model quality level’.
The coordinator Works in close cooperating with the project leader and the project manager special education to form a joint approach in reaching the project and government goals and actions in all six special needs daycare classes. Joint meetings with all education and staff members of the units and exchange programs will be part of the program to realize a effective and efficient change program;
The coordinator will:
- Ensure that the program in the daycare selects a high-quality curriculum;
- Collaborate with Daycare staff in the development, writing and implementation of school Curriculum;
- Manage program implementation of selected curriculum, assessment tool and any supplement materials;
- Align program practices and standards to support quality implementation.
- Organize and coordinate trainings, workshops for staff and care team members;
- Provide support to classroom education staff in creating lesson plans that are faithful to the curriculum and developmentally appropriate for the individual CSA’s;
- Review lesson and care plans and provide staff with timely feedback and recommendations;
- Give advices about purchase and incorporation of materials, resources and technology that will support the quality of care and education and assist to integrate them into classroom instruction and program practices
- Coordinate bulletin boards content and lay out with teachers.
- Work with staff to ensure all curriculum objectives are aligned with the school's core standards and the targets of KidsCare project plan SSU;
- Organize of all in-house staff development training;
- Organize and conduct professional staff and team development;
- Collaborate with classroom staff to develop individual development plans for the CSA’s and their caretakers;
- Identify professional development opportunities offered by the involved government offices and others that align to teaching and care staff goals and needs;
- Develop and facilitate a professional learning and care staff team focused on the highest attainable ‘model quality’.
Observation and Coaching
- Conduct regular observation in all six daycare classrooms of the SSU and maintain records;
- Engage education staff in individual and group reflective coaching to discuss observations and Develop a plan to strengthen challenging areas and build on areas of strength;
- Support peer observation and learning between the staff of the six SSU location.
4. Job profile
- Has a relevant diploma on college or university level;
- at least 2 year experiences working as in special needs Daycare;
- is able to ride a motorbike (or willing to learn);
- is motivated from heart to help children with special abilities;
- can work in practice under difficult circumstances;
- is goal oriented;
- can implement changes with inspiring and conviction;
- is able to organize well;
- is able to work alone and as a team player;
- is a good communicator;
- is able to take feedback and ready to learn.
- Ladies are encouraged to apply
5. Values, competences, management skills and job related competences
- better world;
- customer care;
- drive and enthusiasm;
- strategy & organization;
- general management & administration skills;
- ability to provide leadership & guidance;
- ability to ensure quality brand standards are applied;
- research and development;
Job related competences
- decision making;
- commitment and responsibility;
- build trust;
- communication skills;
- care of equipment;