Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Team Leader will manage inventory within the hospital satellites locations to ensure continuity of supplies by close monitoring of stock movement and levels and planning staff work schedule to achieve departmental and institutional goals and objectives.
- Oversee team operations, manage, plan and monitor leave and attendance.
- Assist end users to get alternative products for items that are out of stock.
- Conduct verification of billed medical surgical and direct delivery items.
- Monitor stock issue and charging.
- Ensure timely submission of invoices received.
- Monitor pending material requests and follow up on closure for declined requests.
- Support relevant user departments with quotations of new product requests.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure timely delivery of items.
- Ensure optimum stock levels across the hospital satellite locations and minimum stock variances.
- Monitor stock to anticipate stock expiry and identify obsolete items.
- Maintain updated inventory records, data, files and reports related to AKUH, N satellites inventory.
- Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in the field of supply chain management.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of inventory control systems
- Business letters and report writing skills
- Membership to Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or Chartered Institute of Logistics (CILT) or Kenya Institute of Supplies Management will be an added advantage.