Location: Flexible (80% Nairobi, 20% Homabay)
Company Name: Victory Farms Limited
Reports to: Corporate Affairs Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest growing companies? Victory Farms is recruiting a Business Analyst to be responsible and accountable for various projects within the Corporate Affairs Department. This is an opportunity to help shape the development of an organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large scale aquaculture production. Professionally, you would be joining a business with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to high-growth business environment.
Business Analyst Role:
The Business Analyst will be a valuable teammate responsible for a variety of critical projects. These projects will include helping with executive level governance to manage company operations, strategy and analytics projects. As part of this role, you will have exposure to senior leaders throughout the organization as well as the opportunity to work with functions across Victory Farms, such as the Senior Management, the Production Management, the Commercial, the
Finance and Investments, and the Partnerships teams.
A Day in the life:
The Corporate Affairs Department is a nexus for various projects and departments in the company. Therefore, in a typical day, the Business Analyst may work on several projects including company docs archive management, research for the
investments team, processing of various legal documents or review of various internal company policies.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a top-tier University or similar.
• Between 1-2 years’ experience (incl. internships) in business, strategy, analytics, and aquaculture or related areas
• Deep research skills and a talent for well-outlined summaries.
• A keen eye for detail and strong organizational skills.
• A passion for finding insights in data and driving rapid in-depth conclusions on those insights.
• Strong working knowledge in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and analytics tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with cross-functional teams, and excellent work ethic.
• Ability to quickly learn and grasp business, aquaculture, and data and technology issues.
• Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks in response to immediate needs.
• Self-directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take ownership of projects.
• Individual initiative and passion for solving the food and environment challenges.
• Degree or Diploma in business, law, international relations, or other social sector areas.
• Experience with at least one of the following:
o Business or strategic operations
o Production planning and forecasting
• Visibility into the world’s fastest growing aquaculture company.
• Ideal for a candidate looking to dive into a mission-oriented, growth stage startup.
• The team is committed to the Analyst’s success and will provide coaching, mentorship, and unique exposure to people and experiences that come from the most successful leaders in the entrepreneurial community and the social sector.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms (VF) was established on Lake Victoria in 2016 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its Farm site is in Homa Bay County, with distribution across Kenya. VF has since become one of the fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally - in its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5
years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards; as the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feed millions
of people across Africa. Today, it is the largest commercial aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
The Company is continuing to rapidly expand its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution, to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. To support this, Victory Farms employs worldclass
technologies, people, and processes to build its model for sustainable protein production on the continent. VF strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
VF’s growth trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professional to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams
have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.