Position: COST ACCOUNTANT (FOR A FAST FOODS MANUFACTURING AND SERVICING COMPANY)
Employer: A LEADING FAST FOODS MANUFACTURING AND SERVICING COMPANY WITH FOOD SERVING OUTLETS IN NAIROBI AND MOMBASA
Ref No: SGK-CA-09-2021
Industry: HOSPITALITY (HOTEL)
Job Category: MIDDLE MANAGEMENT
• Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or business related field.
• Proficiency in excel; Microsoft oracle Netsuite is an advantage.
• High integrity, utmost confidentiality level.
• Good analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to summarize and present complex financial data in an organized, concise manner.
• Independent, mature, self-initiative and possesses positive attitude.
• He/she must have ability to: make decisions and exercise sound judgement, work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Demonstrated self-starter and problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines and at the same time deliver time results and reports.
• Team player and fast worker.
3 - 5 years working experience as a cost accountant in the field preferably in a quick service restaurant.
Salary: KSHS. 90,000 - 110,000 PLUS GENEROUS COMPANY BENEFITS
Reporting to finance manager, cost accountant main role is to ensure inventory and cost of sales are correctly accounted for;
Ensuring both physical and book inventory are reconciled and reconciling items investigated and resolved to achieve the following objectives:-
• To ensure timely processing of stocks movement instructions from commissaries to stores, stores to stores.
• to correctly report inventories and cost of sales monthly.
• To supervise and participate in monthly physical verification of stocks for successful inventory management. Ensure adequate controls in inventory management.
• To ensure that the inventory movements are tracked and are correctly reported in Netsuite. To correctly report slow moving, bad and damaged materials.
• To correctly report expired and obsolete stock.
• Review best practices that can support continuous process improvements.
• To seek guidance from the finance manager on postings relating to inventories respectively. Posting of transfer orders in Netsuite based.
• To ensure movement of inventory is tracked and updated in oracle Netsuite system in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure correct posting of invoices and expenses.
• To amortize consumables in accordance with usage report from warehouse / commissary.
• Preparation of landed costs for imported items. Generation of monthly inventory reports. Monthly reconciliation of physical inventory to book quantities.
• Preparation of slow moving, bad and damaged goods report.