Counseling Psychologist Responsibilities:
● Scheduling patient consultations.
● Assessing patients and identifying their problems.
● Engaging in discussion with patients and making them feel comfortable.
● Implementing individualized treatment programs.
● Undertaking psychometric testing.
● Evaluating patient responses to treatment over time.
● Organizing a long-term counseling plan that involves multiple visits.
● Offering services to all age groups.
● Offering both one-on-one and group counseling.
● Keeping a detailed account of patient mental health history.
● Being patient and building relationships based on trust.
Counseling Psychologist Requirements:
● Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology.
● Attainment of a state license in Counseling Psychology.
● Good observational skills and attention to detail.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills.
● Excellent written and verbal communication.
● Empathy and sensitivity when dealing with patients.
● Highly analytical mindset.
● Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills