General Roles & Responsibilities
- Implementing the designated country’s strategy while monitoring the scope areas in line with the sales strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to achieve the set objectives.
- Developing and cascading the Section targets through a performance management structure while inspiring team to achieve the section scorecard in line with overall objective
- In-charge of the assigned territory’s sales operations, departments and personnel involved in the sales function of the country under responsibility
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for sales, profit and cash collection
- Optimize primary and secondary sales through delivering right merchandise specific to all the verticals as in distributors, retailers, and wholesalers to deliver targets.
- Grow tertiary distribution as a strategic enabler for the business to increase distribution and visibility of its core brands at point of sales
- Recommend pricing strategy to optimize revenue and profitability
- Evaluating market trends, gathering competitive information, identifying trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability for decision making.
- Development of customer relationships through regular operational reviews to ensure that product availability, distribution and opportunities are grasped
- Develop and implement efficient route to market strategies
- Reporting to the Managing Director through daily, weekly and monthly reports, so as to be abreast with targets v/s actual.
- Benchmarking and implementing best practices in sales and other respective areas of work.
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
- Managing talent in the country including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training, and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- Leading the sales operations, monitoring the effectiveness of sales efforts and ensuring that they are aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Create processes that enable visible and transparent management and that utilize the available tools or implement new ones that bring about increased sales effectiveness
- Ensure the availability of proper sales training initiatives as well as overseeing the planning and management for roles, responsibilities, values, and rules of engagement in the sales department.
- Align planning, forecasting and budgeting initiatives with business objectives in addition to developing departmental goals and objectives for further sales effectiveness
- Coach and mentor the key sales personnel, assisting in the execution of their duties upon request, ensuring constant improvement in their professional skills, and preparing them to take up his position in his absence
- Lead the commercial department in driving sales and profit growth strategies and ensuring that these strategies are adopted in all levels of the department.
- Develop improvement plans that are based on sales performance reports and surveys
- Implement customer segmentation, targeting, and positioning initiatives that assist senior sales management in deciding resource allocation based on the internal requirements and the external market
- Assist in the identification of solutions and technologies that drive sales efficiency and, consequently, revenue growth
- Responsible for sales analytics, sales tracking, sales effectiveness, and reporting of sales performance as well as enhance the manner in which data is collected and reported within the department
- Conducts market analyses in order to identify opportunities for growing the business’s sales and communicating key messages
- Provide smart consumer research and industry specific information as well as preparing weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually pipeline reports
- Identify market trends and tracks key competitors and on a regular basis, conducting competitive and SWOT analyses
- Develop sales reports for senior sales management and relevant stakeholders as well as driving the adoption and usage of sales automation solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams, as the bridge between sales and marketing departments, in the business in order to develop innovative integrated plans and strategies for the purpose of reaching mutually agreed upon targets
- Work closely with the head of the commercial department streamlining sales processes/strategies, allocating quotas, balancing territories, and enhancing the visibility of pipeline management
- Work collaboratively with the human resources department in determining the criteria for the department’s recruitment so as to determine effective performance in the department.
Knowledge and Opportunity:
- Identify and understand the trends within the market and amongst consumers; vigorously pursuing opportunities that increase sales volumes for the business and keeps track of prospective markets and consumers, developing processes that communicate key differentiators of the business/product in order to attract those prospects
- Attend and actively participate in sales events, seminars, and workshops, establishing the business as an industry leader while simultaneously identifying, and capitalizing on any prospects.
- The CCM Manager also performs other duties as he deems necessary in the execution of his/her functions or duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competences & Skills:
- Must have a master’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Finance, or any other business related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable
- Must have over 10 years’ working experience in sales and marketing departments of a business in a FMCG and highly competitive environment
- Must have experience in setting up distribution systems and controlling their performance
- The candidate will also have a proven and successful experience managing a cross-functional team leading that team to the achievement of sales objectives and targets
- A suitable candidate will also demonstrate strong business acumen and have proven planning skills and executive presence
- The clarity of communications will be a great determinate of the effectiveness of the performance in the entire sales operations department. Efficient communication skills will also be necessary in his external interactions with consumers and prospective consumers as well as internally with senior sales management, stakeholders, and collaborating personnel
- Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal form. Written skills will be necessary in drafting and tailoring reports and presentations for senior sales management and other audiences in a clear, concise, and convincing manner
- Proficiency in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint, which are necessary in the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations for the senior sales management, junior sales operations management, stakeholders, and collaborating personnel
- Exceptional analytical skills and a passion for the insights that result from those analyses. The candidate for this position must, therefore, possess an ability to analyze complex information and data, translating these findings into actionable deliverables, strategies, targets, messages, and presentations
- The successful candidate must be consumer-oriented and have a passion for serving others, must work comfortably in a group setting, be self-motivated and inspire the same in his team, be a problem-solver and thought-leader, have strong strategic and thinking skills, have a positive winning attitude, and have an ability to maintain composure in stressful and uncertain situations
- Ability to build and maintain strong and lasting relationships as a representative of the business, enabling him/her to lure in prospective consumers, therefore, furthering the business’s sales agenda
- Must be an approachable individual with a likable personality that makes working and associating with and the business preferable
- Good people skills will also enable him to earn the trust of colleagues and senior management, therefore, enabling smooth performance of the duties