The ideal candidate Must be a naturally driven leader and hands-on individual, who will take on real and shaping and delivering innovative solutions, by quickly becoming involved in day-to-day tasks and leading by example.
• Grow commercial operations by being responsible for setting goals/objectives and plans for business growth.
• Establish and improve robust systems and processes to deliver objectives in the most efficient and effective way.
• Oversee the identification of and negotiation with suppliers to procure components at appropriate prices, timelines, and specifications to meet business needs.
• Build trust and synergetic relations with key suppliers, partners, and stakeholders; act as a point of contact for important shareholders, and clearly guide expert engineers/consultants on individual technology projects.
• Recruit, lead and motivate staff to advance employee engagement and develop a world class team.
• Stay up to date with industry trends, priorities, and markets and act as a spokesperson and thought leader for Company when relevant.
• A (post)degree (with honors or distinction) in Business, Operations Management, or a related field.
• Experience working in a start-up, social enterprise, or scaling commercial operations in a related field is highly preferred.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to understand the market, business intelligence, and stay updated on industry-related technical developments
• Entrepreneur who has grown a business before, with extensive and proven experience delivering business operations that fully respond to customer needs.
• Operations ‘guru’ with proficiency in scaling commercial operations, technology, business systems and after sales functions.
• Experience applying principles of Operational Excellence and Lean Management
• Engineering understanding and strong project management skills.
• Experience working with rural communities or the off-grid market. East Africa, leasing and/or consumer durables experience preferred.
• Humble, curious, and influential leader with strong people management skills
• Capacity to manage multiple priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule and work with multicultural teams and across boundaries.
• Creative, analytical, and structured thinker with the ability to simplify complex details without cutting corners or losing sight of the big picture.
• Highly effective and culturally sensitive communicator; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Monthly Gross salary: Ksh. 300,000 - 600,000 (Approx. 3,000 – 6,000 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Level: Senior Management.
Deadline: 30th January 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience