Lori is a venture-backed startup building cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The start-up is tackling a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa , which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The supply chain management system brings transparency and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings ( savings upwards of 18% ). The company has experienced 30% month-over-month compounded growth since product launch in May 2017. Headquartered in Nairobi, Lori has expanded to Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana and Ethiopia while also servicing Rwanda, DRC and South Sudan.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, Lori recently closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors. The company won Techcrunch’s Battlefield Africa .
The Lori team of ~160 employees whose leaders are obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
● Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work , Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
● Jean-Claude Homawoo, CPO: Product Lead at Google , VP Strategy at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese
● Uche Ogboi, COO: Associate Principal at EchoVC Partners
● Maurice Hickman, Current MD Uganda: Military Officer, West Point ; Industrial Consultant; Duke MBA
Lori is seeking a Country Manager who will take this existing business to the next level commercially and operationally. We are seeking a strong leader with significant experience in building relationships and teams with a track record of excellency. You will operate with autonomy, working closely with customers, transporters and other stakeholders to scale our business within Uganda and extending services as a hub to neighboring countries. You will
own the Uganda P&L, budget, projections and have full access to Lori’s globally leading technology, operations team and developing a business model uniquely tailored for frontier markets.
● Develop and execute the market strategy
● Manage a world-class team
● Own and manage country operations to include finances & budgets
● Set goals and capture performance data to improve operations
● Implement, analyze and iterate business processes & systems
● Drive operational efficiency and scale
● Implement controls to ensure compliance
● Ugandan Citizen with experience working in a multicultural environment
● Logistics experience in East Africa
● Entrepreneurial passion
● Experience in managing challenging situations with effective prioritisation and rapid response
● Experience in building personal networks at a senior business levels
● Analytical mindset and experience in defining and solving complex issues
● Strong understanding of financial and operational management processes
● Experience working in a developing country, and commitment to living in Uganda for at least two years
● Possess knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV.